This policy governs the use of personal information by the New Zealand International Business Forum (or “NZIBF”, “we”, “us” and “our”). The policy applies equally to activities carried out under the name of TradeWorks NZ, which is a subsidiary entity to NZIBF.
Why does NZIBF collect personal Information?
NZIBF collects personal information in order to bring together business leaders from some of New Zealand’s largest internationally oriented companies together with the country’s peak business organisations to discuss strategic trade and investment issues and to implement agreed projects.
Who does NZIBF collect personal information about?
NZIBF collects and holds personal information about:
- our members and prospective members;
- our staff including contractors;
- individuals who enquire through our Site; and
- other people who come into contact with NZIBF.
What kinds of personal information does NZIBF collect?
In general, and depending upon the nature of the party’s connection with NZIBF, the type of personal information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): name, contact details (including phone number, address, and email address), occupation details (including CV and details of your title and position) and payment details for events.
Except as otherwise permitted by law, NZIBF will collect personal information either directly when details are provided to us, or indirectly (for example, through our website enquiry form).
How might NZIBF collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
- to conduct our business and discuss strategic trade and investment issues;
- to communicate with members and stakeholders;
- to manage our contractual obligations with staff;
- to engage contractors to perform services on our behalf; and
- to comply with any legal obligations.
To whom might NZIBF disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- support submissions to government entities on policy matters: this will relate only to mention of a party’s membership of our organisation;
- our contractors and service providers and who assist us in carrying out certain functions on our behalf; and
- any other person or organisation that the party has authorised us to disclose information to.
Security of information
Personal information we collect may be stored “in the cloud”. NZIBF takes reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
Where we no longer require personal information, we will comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and/or destruction of that information.
Links to other sites
Access, correction and retention of personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, parties may seek access to the personal information which we hold about that party by contacting our Privacy Officer at the contact details below. Parties have the right to correct any personal information we hold about them in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How a privacy complaint be made?
The NZIBF Privacy Officer is Executive Director Stephen Jacobi, who will receive and investigate any complaints usually within 20 working days.
Address details of NZIBF
The address of NZIFB, as the agency collecting and holding your personal information, is:
Level 8, 90 Symonds St, Auckland 1010
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at www.tradeworks.org.nz and can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer on email@example.com.